Good ole fashioned corn bread...



Ole Fashioned Corn Bread
1 1/4 c flour (I used gluten free blend)
2/3 c sugar
3/4 c corn meal
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/4 c milk or buttermilk
2 eggs
1/3 c oil
3 T melted butter

Combine wet ingredients.  Add dry.  Bake in 8x8 (I bake mine in cast iron) pan at 350 for about 30 min.  Enjoy!  We do. :)  If you bake in cast iron, be sure to preheat your pan in the oven as the oven warms up.  Then take out and pour corn meal batter into it and put back in oven.

Comments

  1. Sounds easy. Hows it taste compared to jiffy? I'd love to get away from the box but all recipes I've tried we haven't cared for.
    Love your music!
    Very pretty blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, it is SO much better than jiffy. Thanks for the compliment. :) I love the music, too. I encourage you to give the recipe a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?