Encouragement...

Another post that comes from the quiet whisper of the early morning...sharing what God has put on my heart.

If you have ever been encouraged by someone, you know how much good it can do for the heart.  It is like a soothing salve on a bruised spirit.

In turn, you know how important it is to encourage someone else.
"Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people." ~Philemon 1:7

This verse talks about encouraging people with love.  The act of showing love refreshes the hearts of the Lord's people.  When we use a kind word, we show love.  When we give a much needed hug, we show love.  When we hold the hand of the one we love, we show love.  When we build someone up with encouraging words, we show love.  When words of wisdom are used, we show love.  When we make a meal for our family, we show love.  When we kiss a booboo, we show love.  When we are there for our loved ones, we show love.  Because God is love, when we show love, we show God.

Encouragement goes such a long way for people.  A little bit can last them a lifetime.  It's something that attaches itself to the soul of that person and helps shape them.  I know.  I have been encouraged by people I love and people I hardly know.  It sticks to you regardless of how well you know the giver.  It can mean more when it comes from someone you dearly love, but it still means something even if it comes from a stranger.

I want to be a Barnabas.  I want to affect the lives of others in a positive way for Him.  God has given me many examples of how to do just that.  He can use anyone to bless the lives of others.  I hope the ones who have encouraged me with their love know just how much it has blessed me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?