Trust...

Well, it's another cold, drizzly day here in Central Illinois....can't wait for spring. :) I look forward to beautiful flowers and birds singing and building their nests. (Just this year they can't build near my soffits) What a mess that was last year...

I look forward to the new life that God brings forth every spring. Seeing all the baby animals warms my heart. I find A LOT of peace and joy in His creation. It's truly amazing.

Had a wonderful meal last night with our small group. Had a good laugh, which helped take my mind off some things for a while. I've had a bit of fear in my heart still and I want to hand that totally over to Christ. Why is it so hard? I think it's hard because it's the fear of the unknown...not knowing if relationships will be able to be restored with full communication, not knowing what lies ahead for my sight and health, not knowing how my son's life will turn out, etc...BUT, I've come to realize more and more to TRUST an unknown future to a known GOD. Trust...such a word was brushed off in the past, not really thought about a whole lot. I don't think God liked that I did that...For the past six weeks He has brought that word back up into the forefront of my mind and caused me to examine it very deeply. I did.

It's an amazing word. A scary word. A word that requires FAITH. To trust means you fully believe that the Lord has your best interest at heart. It means to faithfully give your fears over to Him. It means knowing that even if your heart gets broken, God didn't break it to hurt you. He allowed it to fulfill His purpose in your life. It's having faith that even though man crushes you, God is there to pick up the pieces. It's having faith that God still uses His people to show His love and not thinking God somehow mysteriously shows us love in an invisible way that only we can see. (Although the Holy Spirit can stir the feeling of love in your heart for Him invisibly, it will be visible to others on your face) God accomplishes His work through ordinary PEOPLE. For all to see as a witness for Him so He may be glorified.

It's trusting your body to Him to do with as He see fit. It's being faithful to Him even if He chooses to allow my sight to be gone or be diminished. They are, after all, just eyes. I can still see with my heart...which is the best way to see people anyway. :) It's allowing God to do His will in your life and letting Him help you accomplish that will.

I'm not saying TRUST is easy....it takes a lot of faith to let go and just trust. But, we can do it. We may not do it right every time, but we can strive for it. I continue to cry out to the Lord to be able to talk freely to my "dad" again and grow in that relationship (hey I can shoot for the moon ;), I continue to cry out to the Lord for my sight and health and being a good wife to a wonderful husband, etc. He doesn't mind that. He wants to hear us. BUT, once we do that, we need to TRUST Him that His perfect will will be completed in us. It's not easy and when we find ourselves heading back down the road of fear, we need to stop and take a deep breath, turn around, and TRUST. He loves us so...and be comforted knowing that There is a Day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?