Struggling a bit today...

I'll be the first to admit I don't have it all together. Today is a hard day for me. I have yet another migraine, which is really bothering my eyes. My muscles are weak and have had a difficult time swallowing the past few days. :( This is where I struggle today....I am really bummed. This, what feels like, constant suffering is getting me down...today. Before you gasp and say I'm not relying on the Lord enough...I am. I just don't like feeling like this. I'm sure I could be leaning on Him more than I am today, though. I wish God would allow me a week of feeling sooo good. Everyday, just about, I wake up suffering in some way. My mind says "Please make it stop." My heart says, "Do with me as you wish, Lord. If you have me to suffer, well please let me suffer with grace."

I love the Lord with all my heart. I am not mad or disappointed in Him. I just don't like this fallen world we live in and have to experience. I know that God is with me during times of suffering. I am very thankful for that. I am thankful that I can tell Him how I feel, happy or sad or even mad. I am actually thankful that He does allow suffering. I don't always like it, but I am thankful. It can put us in a situations where we cannot keep going ourselves and He picks us up like a lamb around His shoulders and carries us. He knows all the hurt we feel. He remembers. God doesn't forget what we go through in this life...

Today I am trying very hard to remember that God wants what is best for us. He is a Holy God and is not out to punish us. I am trying to remember that my suffering, both emotional at times and physical, will not last forever. God will bring an end to it at the proper time. In the meantime, I want to be graceful in how I handle the suffering God allows. I want my life to be a witness for Christ and I want to show His love to others, not just speak it. I want to grow in the love of Christ and have a strong relationship with Him.

I may be struggling a bit today, but that's ok....I still know He is on the throne and right beside me at the same time. I know He has a tremendous love for His children and doesn't mind when we cry out to Him in our struggles. What an awesome God we serve...

Comments

  1. God bless your heart Stephanie. Sending a hug your way and if there is any little thing you can think of that I can send to you from Hawaii just let me know because I think I still have your address! Really! Girl you know I will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! :) All I really need from Hawaii is prayers and sunshine. ;) And, yes, I know you would. lol. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. This is gonna sound weird, but what do I call you? Is your name Marie or C...something...I don't think I ever knew. :) Regardless, I'm glad God put our paths together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine! Yep I am glad God put our paths together also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is hard but God is good. You have a lovely blog.
    I hope you feel better today~I too struggle with migraines. I now just shut down for that day and take a nap. It is ok to do that!
    I look forward to following.
    I have 12 chickens~how many do you have? I love my chickens.

    Blessings~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. God IS good. :) Thank you for the comment. I am the same today...
    I have 10 chickens right now, but next month we will get more chicks. :) I love my chickens, too. :) Thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?