Thankfulness and joy...

The sun is shining again today and I am thankful for that! :) What joy the sunshine can bring when it seems to have been so dark for so long.

I had a very encouraging evening last night. I was able to witness the work of God in someone's life and it brought such glory to God. It shows that when we put self aside and allow God to work in us, amazing things can be accomplished for His glory. Communication was restored with a loved one last night. I am so thankful for that! And it brings a lot of joy to my heart.

Here's what I've learned over several weeks of not having communication with this loved one...I found tremendous joy in that relationship. And when that relationship was cut off, I lost some joy in my heart. I've learned that that shouldn't be. I should have joy in my heart no matter the circumstances because Christ is my joy. So no outside influence should hinder my joy. That was a hard lesson for me to learn. But I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn it. I learned something about myself that needed a change.

I still find tremendous joy in that relationship, but if it were to be cut off again, I will keep my joy, even though I would be very hurt. Joy must be found in Christ. People and circumstances can cause us to express happiness, but our joy must be rooted and balanced in Christ.

I pray that God will continue to work in all our lives and continue to draw us to Him. I pray I will continue to seek joy in the Lord no matter my circumstances with loved ones, health, finances, etc. I pray I can be a blessing to the ones I love and God's love can be visible to others. May my life be pleasing to the Lord as I continue to strive to be the woman He created me to be...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?