Giving in...

to rest that is...I've been a bit tired today and had a nice list of things to do. I sure didn't get all I wanted done today. I think I just got laundry and dishes done...

Isn't it interesting when you set out to do a lot sometimes God has other plans? I must need the rest. :) I'd rather rest here then in the hospital. ;) Ryan had vaccinations today for Haiti. He is asleep now after that ordeal...It was a longgggg wait. He has a couple more to go and then he's all set to go. He's excited about going to Haiti and I know it will be a great experience for him.

It's snowing here...again. I don't mind it. I actually love to watch it fall. It's just so beautiful. The woodstove is so comforting on snowy evenings like this. I pray everyone is enjoying their evening. I've been thinking about loved ones lately and miss them a lot. Oh how I wish....oh nevermind. No need to wish. :)

God holds us in the palm of His hand and comforts us, guides us, and keeps us. I'm so thankful that I serve a Lord who is compassionate in my times of sadness, doubt, fear, and uncertainty. He is there to lift us up out of adversity and draw us closer to Him. No matter the circumstance, I have hope that the One who has overcome the world is with me. I am so glad.

Hug your loved ones close and give them a kiss. It's such a blessing to be able to do and shouldn't be forgotten. They will remember it forever. :)

Comments

  1. Is Ryan going with a church group? What will they do? The Lord is compassionate and joyful and vigilant - thanks so much for the prayer support Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly. He is going with his pastor friend and they are meeting some other people there from our denomination. He and his pastor friend are the only two going from our church. You are quite welcome for the prayer support. I know how important it can be...we have our days that it's needed more than others it seems. I've been struggling the past couple days with missing talking to my "dad" and being able to be hugged by him. It's hard. I just miss that relationship so very much. But, I press on with what I have. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?