Moving on and moving through...

Words to Live By, Hope


I have hope.

Yes, I'm sick.

Yes, I hurt really bad today.

No, there is no cure for my illness.

But, I must move on.

I must not dwell.

I must LIVE.

So with the gift of perseverance that God gave me I will do just that. It may not be the way other people live when they are in pain every single day or have a neuromuscular illness, but I can't just sit and ignore life and feel the pain. I need to live life and try to ignore the pain.

I have hope that the days ahead will not be as hard as the days past. I have hope that I will be able to enjoy my life that God has so chosen for me. I have hope that He will take me through this and I will build a character that is more like His. I have hope for the day when this will all end and I will forever be pain free. No more pain, no more suffering. I suffer here, but I will not when that Day comes. When I see my Savior face to face. Oh what a day that will be!

Until then, I hope to make a difference in this world for Christ. I will continue to be the helpmeet He created me to be, to love my son, to be a keeper at home, and to love and see others as He does. It won't all be easy, but I will seek after it so that He may be glorified.

I am so grateful to serve a loving God who cares so deeply, to have a family that loves me tremendously, to have loving friends that have invested their life into mine to help me be more like Christ, and to have friends that love me just because they want to love me.

I am truly a blessed woman. I have hope.

Comments

  1. I am so glad to see posts such as this. I know God has you where you are for a purpose. Let me encourage you to keep on trusting Him with all of your heart and soul which it seems you are already doing. I'm sure there will be uncomfortable days as well as BETTER days to come. Let us share both with you. God can and will use the people He puts in your life to strengthen you.
    You do make a difference in many peoples' lives and we thank you for that. You have touched our lives in ways unimaginable in such a short period of time. Praise Him for that also.
    Yes you are a very blessed woman and it fills me with great joy to hear of your HOPE!
    BoH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are such an encouragement to me! I am so very thankful that God put you in my life. Probably more than you'll ever know. Your kindness has strengthened me a lot during hard times. Thank you for allowing God use you in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your encouragement on my blog. I love your blog and enjoy reading about your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Stephanie,
    We just got back from a week of fair, and I just saw your posts. I am praying hard for you, may the Lord bless you and help you to feel better.

    In Christ,
    Jenna

    p.s. Could I post a prayer request for you at www.onbentknees.blogspot.com ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna,
    I bet that the fair was fun :) Thank you for the prayers. Yes you could post a prayer request for me if you want to. :) I'd appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you. Ever since my car accident, I hurt all the time. What else can you do but keep on keepin' on though.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?