Back home from camping...


We stayed at Leiber State Recreation Area in/near Cataract, Indiana. It was an interesting time. :) We got there later on Friday than we wanted to. I just couldn't get things together before we left the house on Friday. I was scurrying around trying not to forget something. We got about 10 miles down the road and I remembered that I hadn't fed the chickens for the weekend! So we turned around and went back and fed them. Then we got back on the road. Where were going was about 3 hours away. We met some of my husband's family there. We got there and set up the tent and then cooked hot dogs over the fire. We were exhausted that night, but sat around the fire for a while before going to bed.

As a result of the hot dog (my body does NOT like those) I spent most of the night here.




The outhouse that had no door or sinks. It was ok. Really. No. I lied. It was gross! lol It was so fun watching all the spiders making their attack plan to get me as I sat there. lol. Where was I gonna go? Well, I killed 4 of them that night. I won! HA! (There's gonna be one in my bed tonight now, right?)

In the morning when we woke up we found that raccoons had eaten all our food out of our cooler! I couldn't believe it. I mean, we're not stupid, we put our food in our tent so they wouldn't get it, but the cooler? I would never have guessed that they could open the latch on that and help themselves to our eggs, lunch meat, deer steaks, grapes, cheese, bacon, butter, etc. It was a mess! We had to go into town to find a store to buy our groceries all over again. :( We outsmarted them the second night. lol The showers there were community showers. Yuck! No thanks. I'm not doing that. I waited til I got home. :) I cleaned up while I was there of course, just didn't take a shower with a bunch of strangers. 0_0

We enjoyed sitting by the fire at night (in the morning, too for that matter) It was nice.








The falls were pretty. We walked down by them to get a closer look.





This is the covered bridge that went over the water. Ryan carved our initials inside. I thought that was really sweet of him. Kinda romantic. :)





More pics of us by the falls.








I am really tired from this weekend. ;) It was nice spending time with family enjoying one of God's beautiful creations. I always enjoy that!

Comments

  1. How fun:) I have never went camping before, though I have slept in the trailer at two shows...
    It looks like fun and I'm glad you had a good time...great pictures!!

    God Bless,
    Jenna

    p.s. For the record, my family and I can't tolerate hot dogs or fast food either lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't tolerate that stuff so much. We are just not used to eating that way. But, for some reason hot dogs just disagree with me. I thought it was a fluke the first time. lol.

    And there WAS a spider in my bed last night! I checked the bed before I got in it since we were gone all weekend. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have scurried around packing for 3 different July trips! It can get hectic, and then I always make sure we will come home to a clean house, and then I always want the meals to be easy and convenient, and then I always try to remember everything. lol
    Hey speaking of busy . . . do you plan to bring home any local Farmers Market produce for canning? I need to can pickles soon! God bless your day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seemed so hectic to me that when I got home to my little homestead, I was finally able to relax. lol. I think it was because there were several families. That's ok, though. I have gotten some cucumbers from our neighbor down the road and I may try pickles this year. Not sure. We don't usually eat them anyway, so maybe not. lol. Sounds like you had a wonderful summer! Beautiful pictures on the water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww...sweet pictures!

    Last time we went camping, the racoons took off with the whole bag of dog food... *shakes head*

    (hahaha....my word verification is 'noprob'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noprob. That's funny! :) You just never know what raccoons will do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice... lovely memories :) We love camping, havent got to do any this year... yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?