Sewing project...


One of my friends, Mellisa, had a surprise prom for her 30th birthday. She wasn't able to go to prom and so her husband arranged one for a surprise. Very sweet!

They wanted us to wear prom attire, but I didn't have anything like that so I decided to make a dress. I couldn't find what I wanted at the store and didn't have a lot of money to spend. I bought this pattern for 10 cents and decided to make a prom dress out of it.



I use soap to mark my patterns. Here I used it on the tulle for the outside of the dress.



This is the front part of the dress and one side of the bodice. I'm not very good at taking pics when sewing. :)

This is the bodice with both sides on.
Here it is turned around with the straps being put in and also the facing.
Putting the two sides of the skirt together.
Putting the tulle on the dress.
Edging it out.


The finished product. :)


The back of the dress. I probably won't ever wear this again, but it was fun to make it for my friend's party. I thought it was pretty modest and cute. :)
And here's hubby dressed up! This roofer cleans up pretty good! :)

Comments

  1. I didn't have a prom either. What a great party idea her husband came up with.

    What a beautiful dress. You did a great job. You are so very pretty. Your hubby looks like a real nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol dad looks funny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?