Coming full circle...

Some of you that follow my blog know my story. For those of you that don't, I'll give you a quick run down. About 2 years ago I wore jeans. :) I was convicted to wear skirts for modest reasons. I felt that my jeans were not modest at the time. I was loving the compliments I was getting and I let it go to my head. Well, God decided I needed to be humbled and asked me to wear skirts. I did. He then asked me to wear a headcovering, I did. After about 15 mos of people making fun of me, talking behind my back, and learning a hard lesson in humility, God said the season of covering for me was over. I still wore skirts. Well, a few weeks ago my husband and I were talking and he mentioned me wearing jeans again. He took a few weeks to pray about it and as of Saturday, I started wearing them again. I went from wearing jeans to cape dresses and headcovering to skirts and no headcovering to wearing jeans again. I have come full circle. But, this part of the circle is different from the beginning. I have learned to be humble and modest in my dress even with jeans. I have learned to take compliments and appreciate them and not let them go to my head.

I have grown in grace and am very thankful for God taking me through this journey. I have a lot to learn still, but God is gracious and patient. With my dresses and covering people could see outwardly that I was a Christian. Now that I am wearing jeans again, the Christian they see will have to come from within. It takes work. The other way was easier. :) But, this way for me will help me grow as a Christian. I have friends that will hold me accountable so that I don't backslide and I appreciate them very much. I look forward to what God has in store for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?