I've got a lot to work on...

"Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:4-5

Yikes. I know this scripture. It used to be one of my favorites. Lately though, I have become lazy in it. It seems I have stopped striving for this. I have gotten lazy and it seems to be too hard a job to do. So I've been going about and doing what I want. Let me tell you, that doesn't work out so good! lol. Why? It's not biblical. It's not what God wants. What God wants is not always easy. In fact, it's down right hard at times. It's hard to put self away and look to the interest of others. God has been convicting me about this and has been whispering to me to go back to Titus 2. It worked beautifully in our family before these past few weeks I've gotten lazy about it. I may have had a hard time doing it at times, but when I did do it, wow. My household was in order, my husband was happy, my son was happy, I was kinder, etc. See, it's not just about me in this, in fact, it's not about me at all! It's about our God. When I don't do as He asks in Titus 2, the word of God is maligned. Ouch! I sure don't want to do that.

I need to get my focus back on God. Even in our marriages, it's not about our spouse. It's about our relationship with Christ. Whenever we do something for our spouse or say something to our spouse, we should picture Christ standing right behind them. That will help us remember that our marriage is not just about us. What we do for our spouse, we do for Christ. Do we want to speak ill of Him, cook Him mediocore food, allow Him to live in a cluttered home, let Him hear discouraging words? Of course not.

I'm someone who has to work hard at this. It doesn't come easy for me. I often slip back into lazyiness with it and when I do, my marriage starts to suffer. I don't want that. And I don't want to malign the word of God. Pray that God will continue to soften my heart and I will continue to find joy in Titus 2.

Comments

  1. WoW, You been looking in my kitchen window? This sounds like what I have been dealing with for the past few weeks. I'm also trying to get back where I need to be.

    You are in my prayers♥.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayers! You know when we strive for what God wants, satan hates it! Please pray for protection for our family and I will do the same for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie you are a good woman/wife because Jesus lives in you. Your power will come from the Holy Spirit working through you. The abundant life that is given to us as believers is there for the taking. I appreciate your willingness to let God convict you to action :-)
    Your job is not to make others happy but to obey God and enjoy Him. Let God deal with the responses of others. If the Christian life was easy I don't think we could or would appreciate God as much as we do. We need Him. He works through others by putting people in your lives for encouragement and love. Use all He gives. The reward is both here and in heaven.
    You will do all that God requires. He will not give more than you can handle. He loves you too much for that.
    Hang in there. We're in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOH,
    First what does that stand for? Second, THANK YOU! I'm realizing more and more again that whatever I do whether it's picking up dirty socks, laundry, dishes, cooking, etc. I do it for the Lord, not just my family. I need to obey the word regardless of the response I get from my family. Whether or not they appreciate me is not the point. The point is whether I'm obeying or not despite what they do. It makes it easier to think that you're doing it for the Lord. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely! You are becoming so wise :-)
    BOH is why we do what we do ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get it, Because Of Him is why we do what we do! Thanks, Bob. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?