Learning to love...

Our church has started small groups at people's homes. We are doing this for 6 weeks and the topic of that time is love. It has been very convicting and a bit difficult if I may be honest. I pretty much keep to myself. I usually don't start conversations. We are learning different ways to show love and it usually involves DOING something. lol. Love is an action and a choice. In our group last night we learned that if we don't have love, nothing I say matters, nothing I know matters, nothing I believe matters, nothing I give matters, and nothing I do matters. OUCH! That's rough. It's easy to love God because He doesn't hurt us or let us down, but it's hard to love others that do hurt you and let you down. But, we are given strength from the Holy Spirit to be ABLE to LOVE them anyway. Only by His power, not ours. Our flesh doesn't want to. But our Spirit does! I pray that I will yield more to the Spirit and love like Christ allows us.

"If I speak in the tougues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging symbol. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?