Fall cooking...


Yesterday was my husband's birthday and I cooked one of his favorite meals. Stuffed acorn squash.

These were pretty ones that I picked up at the farmer's market. I like them better than the green skinned ones. :)

I simply cut them in half and seed them. Put them in the microwave cut side down for 5 to 7 min until tender. Take out and put on cookie sheet. Stuff with cooked sausage of your choice. I use a natural sausage and add a bit of real maple syrup to it. Sprinkle the flesh of the squash with salt and pepper and pop in a 350 degree oven for about 30 min or so. Take out and enjoy!

Comments

  1. That looks really good! We just received a load of unusual looking (large funny shaped) squash to sell at the orchard store. Really beautiful - I need to get pictures! Thanks for stopping by my blog lately Stephanie, It's been years now since we 1st got to know each other and I hope we can always keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long time hasn't it? :) I hope we keep in touch, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?