Crockpots and hair cuts...

I woke up this morning looking forward to getting my hair trimmed. I've been trying to go every other month to keep my hair in better shape, plus it's relaxing. :) Well, all I wanted was a trim...She did a bit more than that. :( I don't know why hairdressers take so much off when you just want a trim...they must learn that in school. lol

I gotta say, I sure like my crockpot. :) I put chicken in it this morning and love how it smells up the house with it's wonderful aroma. It makes things easier on me with being weak right now. I hope to find some more recipes for it.

I had a friend stop by today with a gift card for us for Cracker Barrel! It was super nice and very appreciated. :) Saving it for difficult days...

Hunter got 100% on a math quiz today! He was so proud of himself. I think it's the first time he's gotten a 100% and it was in fractions (his worst section). I am glad he is getting some confidence in math. :)

I have been in much better spirits today.
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. ~Helen Keller
 I have really come to understand what trials are, what they mean in my life, and what kind of person they shape me to be. I am more compassionate, open minded, and patient now than I have ever been. I am so thankful for God opening up my eyes to see things the way He does. It is my desire to grow closer to Him and become the person He is shaping me to be. I never want to be disappointing to Him...
My husband is home early tonight and I am soooo looking forward to cozying up to him on the couch tonight. It is pretty chilly here in central Illinois and I can't think of a better way to spend my evening. :) God has truly blessed me with him. He has grown so much from our high school days...we both have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?