A December to remember...

Wow! What a vacation that was! No phone...no internet...no responsibilities...Just fun, food, and relaxing!

We went on a cruise to the Caribbean.  Our stops were Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.  We had a great time.

The first two days our ship hit rough water so it rocked and rolled quite a bit.  There were several people that got sick including our friend, Jenny.  It was difficult to walk as you would stumble around due to the waves rolling the ship.  I over heard several people say that they never had a cruise that was that rocky.  Usually you can't even tell you are on a ship.  After day two it settled down and we got off in Puerto Rico. This was a night excursion.  We took a van ride for 1 1/2 hours to get to where we needed to go.  Before we left I had some, what I thought was decaf coffee.  Turns our it wasn't and I had to pee (sorry) really bad on the way.  We were only 20 minutes into it and I thought I'd die.  Ryan had to ask the driver to stop for me so I could go.  It was really embarrassing. But, it made a memory for us all. LOL. Once we got to where we were going, we went kayaking through some mangroves in the dark.  It was so awesome.  There were bio-luminescent organisms in the water and whenever you put your paddle in the water or swished your hand through it, it would glow in the dark!  I couldn't get any pics because we were all getting wet in the kayak.

The next two stops were St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  We went to Magen's Bay to swim in St. Thomas.  It was rated one of the top 10 beaches by National Geographic.  It was beautiful.  Ryan found a star fish that was alive there in the water along with several pretty shells and coral.  We went shopping in St. Maarten and ate lunch there.  We stayed on the Dutch side as the French side had nude beaches. LOL.  Didn't quite want to see that! ;)  It was a great time and we enjoyed going with our friends.  It was fun and relaxing all at the same time.

Here are some pics I wanted to share with you. :)























Comments

  1. Beautiful, beautiful! Oh I am so glad to hear from you and the photos are just wonderful to see. I knew the going was abit rough on your way out but I am so glad it wasn't worse! What is that interesting picture with all the lights and windows? Maybe someday you could do a post about the food, what did you and Ryan try or see that was really good, really different, really not good, any menu surprises or dissappointments, any recipe ideas that you will try back in your own kitchen, etc. Oh if we were neighbors I would just exhaust you with all my questions I am afraid! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great cruise. I would love to go on a cruise, but don think I can get my husband on a ship, just as he cant get me on a plane...Love the pic of the sunset and the last pic of you and hubby is very nice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vacation pictures are wonderful. On New Year's Day, my husband and I will be sailing to Key West, & the Bahamas. A vacation just for the 2 of us that is greatly anticipated! I pray you will have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine, you'd be a great neighbor! :) That food post will be coming shortly.

    tberry, thanks for the comment. :)

    Greg and Donna, have a GREAT time! Enjoy every bit of it. :) What a great way to start the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?