Putting up food....

Dick's Sausage


This past weekend up through yesterday was sausage makin' time. It was a tiring effort for me, but well worth it in the end. :) We ended up with breakfast sausage, italian style brats, and regular brats. That will feed our family for a while and it's all natural. :) Very yummy in my tummy. :)

We had saved up some coin and saved enough to get a stuffer. We were using our grinder, but it just wasn't making it very easy on me. It grinds beautifully, but doesn't stuff so easily. So my husband bought a stuffer just for stuffing. It made the job a lot easier. I was glad for that. We were going to use the change we saved for a smoker, but that will have to wait til next year.

Can you believe it's December already? Wow...this year has flown by. I must have been having a lot of fun. ;) Christmas is right around the corner. I love this time of year. Time to celebrate the birth of our Lord, time to spend making memories with family, eating lots of good food, cozying up to the woodstove, watching the snow fall softly, and pondering next years blessings.

I myself like snow. Not really driving in it, but watching it, tasting it, and occasionally playing in it. I'm hoping for a white Christmas. Here's one of my favorite Christmas songs...



Some of you may wonder if we have santa come to our house. We don't. We have taught our son that Jesus is the reason we celebrate, not santa. He knew when he was very little that he wasn't real, that Jesus is. I don't condemn anyone who does have their children believe in santa, it's just not for our family. We realize that santa is part of the tradition of Christmas to some people and it's in some of the songs I like. I just look at it as a piece of historic tradition I guess. I know that the reason we celebrate is because of Christ and His incarnation. God taking on flesh and dwelling among His people in order to die for them. Amazing love....

Enjoy this time of year with your family. Make cookies together and sing songs. Enjoy the peace that comes with this season....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?