Enjoying skirts...

Modesty

I thought I'd say how glad I am that I decided to wear skirts again. It's been a few months and I am so much more comfortable than I was when I went back to jeans. I don't feel like a stumbling block anymore, I feel more feminine, softer, and believe it or not...warmer. I was much colder in my jeans than I am in my skirts. I can wear a flannel slip or petticoat, tights, etc. More layers. :) I haven't regretted going back to skirts.

The key this time for me and my husband was not to be too plain. He really didn't care of the plainness. So I got some cuter skirts and tops and he seems to be happy with that. I don't feel so frumpy either. :)

Do you know I get more respect from men from the grocery store? They hold the door, let me go ahead in line, just seem more gentlemanly (if that's a word lol) Not as many did that when I wore pants. Interesting....

If you could continue to pray for me, I'd appreciate it. :) My heart decided to get tachy this afternoon and it's bumming me out. But, it is what it is, right? :) Thank you some of you for your words of encouragement. It helps. :)

Comments

  1. That's really true - the more feminine a woman looks, the more chivalry comes out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone that I talk to about skirts, mentions how much warmer they are and I agree! I wear tons of layers under them that I can't do with pants:)
    I'm glad that you're enjoying skirts so much, and I'm praying for your heart~

    Love in Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless your heart Stephanie - initially I feel so masculine when I put a skirt on but thats only because I wear jeans/slacks so often! My attitude about feminine apparel has been changing alot in the past 6 months and I so appreciate your help with this. Be well my friend, in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Stephanie!Um,I say miss,because i'm only 12 =)I love your blog,and I wanted to tell you that I left a comment on your Hunter's blog,and followed him!Could you tell him for me?


    Blessings!
    Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you and your husband are encouraged in this step of modesty and femininity! I so understand what you mean by "feeling frumpy"! Pretty is feminine and modest...it doesn't have to be a sack :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaitlin...I told him. :) Thank you for the kind comment

    Regan Family...yes modest and feminine doesn't have to mean a sack...or a cape dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to hear you are liking going back to the skirts. I did the same thing :) I wore skirts for a long time and then went back to jean and now switched back to skirts permanently! You are right sister, they are much more comfortable and definatly warmer I have found. I tried the plain cloths too and my husband and I weren't crazy about it. But now I wear skirts kind of fifties style, a little bit fuller and down just past my knees with a nice shirt. I just want you to know that I follow your blog and you are a great encouragement to me, because whenever I get people who think me strange for just skirts or that I bring women back to not having any rights I think of you and feel better knowing I have a like minded sister out there. I am praying for your heart also, and yes I have noticed much more chivalry from men when I wear my skirts and never got a lewd comment that I have heard when wearing jeans that the men didn't think I could hear. They open doors for me because I have a one year old and a two year old and a big stroller.
    I hope you Ryan and Hunter have a wonderful Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Jessica! Hoping the same for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?