Grab some coffee and let me tell you about a wonderful blessing...

Father and Daughter Time


When I was really little I had a dad that would put me in a closet when I cried, did drugs in front of me, ran from police, wasn't available to talk to, said things he shouldn't say to children, and would reject me when we had to call collect after my mom finally divorced him. I have spoken to him twice in 12 yrs. He doesn't want anything to do with me...

My mom remarried and my step-dad was a good guy. He and I were not really close, but at least he didn't do the things my real dad did. He took care of us and loved us. He was killed 3 yrs ago...

Now that all doesn't sound much like a blessing does it...Not really.

BUT, the good Lord saw fit to restore to me some of the years that was lost without a dad. How amazing is His love for us!

God has connected us with a man that has treated Ryan and I as his own children. The love he shows for us as a dad is truly amazing and selfless. For the past several months, we have grown closer to him and to Him. I have been able to see the love of the Father more understandably through his love. It is so wonderful to have a dad I can talk to, learn from, grow in the Lord with, share life with, share suffering with....

It is certainly a blessing I don't feel worthy of, but am VERY thankful of. God is so good. He loves us so much. He is there for us when we suffer, He is there for us when we rejoice, He is there when we aren't...

All these blessings are because of Him. He is glorified from the love that is shared and the hearts that are touched. It all points back to Him who has freely given...This blessing is extended to my husband whose dad died also and to my son who has a grandpa again....

I'm excited to celebrate this Christmas with a dad again. He sees me as his daughter and loves me just the same. No blood runs between us, only the will of our Father. I am so thankful that he was obedient to the Lord to be my dad.

So you see, this Christmas is extra special. I have been given a wonderful gift, not just for Christmas. I am a daughter, not just of the King....

Comments

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so awesome, isn't he??? I didn't know about your relationship with your biological father. I'm so sad to hear about that. I love that God restores things that seem impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome post. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ~Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always known how blessed I was with my family. I was loved, safe and protected. I thank God that He gave me Stan and in my married life I have had the same protection and love.
    As I read your story my heart goes out to you and so many others whose childhood was just like yours.
    How wonderful you have now been given this gift of "Dad" with love from your heavenly father.
    Stephanie...How is it that you have come to have this wonderful faith and love in God?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheryl,
    I grew up knowing about God, but not really having any growth in Him. I would, as a child, picture Jesus on the throne. I would come to Him bowing asking forgiveness for whatever it was that I had done and He would take my hand and set my on His lap and hug me. That is what I held on to and still do. Later in life, we had the truth spoken to us and Ryan and I got baptized together in 1999. I have loved and grown closer to Him since then. He is an amazing, loving God. He has given us His Son so that we may live. I give the only thing that I can to Him...my life. I will spend the rest of my life serving Him because I love Him. He is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?