Tending to outside chores and other things...

Today, I'm going to finish mowing. I started yesterday, but it takes 2 hours to ride and I had to stop early to make a meal for someone and go out with my son and husband. I also have to debloom my rhubarb, weed my blackberries and strawberries, and weed whack the yard. That should keep me busy for a while. ;) I enjoy being outside on days like this. It's supposed to be in the 80's and sunny. Yay!

One thing I wanted to mention about wearing pants again is that I seem to be more approachable. I have had several people talk to me that didn't when I wore skirts only. I think I must have intimidated them before.

It's more difficult to wear pants. Really? You say. Yep. I have to be more mindful of my actions and speech. I can get too relaxed in jeans and forget myself. In a skirt/dress I was more aware of my attire and acted/spoke accordingly. Also, it was easier for people to see that I was a Christian and now to "see" that I'm a Christian you have to look within. And to do that, the "within" you see is my actions and speech. Sure I still dress modestly. I am very passionate about that as I don't want to be a stumbling block. But, I blend in with most of the world now. So in order to stand out as a Christian, it's not by my clothes, it's by my love. See why I said it's harder. ;) I'm not always the best at loving. I am learning though. I desire to be all that God wants me to be. It's definitely a work in progress.

Comments

  1. I don't know about Decatur, but it's BEAUTIFUL here in Veedersburg today!!! We're going outside in a little bit to plant work on our garden. We went to the most beautiful Amish farm this morning to buy plants. We got vegetables, herbs and some flowers too. I can't wait to get out in the dirt! Hope you guys are well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I love getting things from the Amish farms. I need to make a trip down to visit some of my Amish/Mennonite friends there. I should stop and look at the plants. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?