Frugal tip of the week...

Frugal tip #6 Hanging out laundry



Today's tip is one of my favorite things to do. It is so peaceful outside to listen to the birds chirping and singing while you hang laundry. I can watch the chickens and the neighbors horses as I hang the laundry, too. It's just slow, simple, and my kinda thing. :) It saves tremendously on the power bill. It really does. This time of year all we use for power are lights at night, computers, washer, and oven. No air conditioning, lights during the day, tv during the day, or dryer. It helps.

One tip for hanging clothes on the line that I can give is to hang your shirts upside down. This eliminates "clothespin shoulder".


I had to post a picture of the chickens just coming out of the coop for the day. They are growing and I'm really looking forward to fresh eggs late summer/early fall. It's not the best picture. Sorry about that. lol.

Comments

  1. Do you guys have problems with allergies? Someone told me recently that if you have allergies you shouldn't hang your laundry outside, because pollen and other allergens get into your clothes. What are your thoughts on this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about this. We haven't had any problems at all. But, that's not to say some people haven't. The UV rays help kill bacteria, that I know. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie... how old are your chickens? We just got some for the first time this year, they will be 2 months old this Wed. I love having them and cant wait for the fresh eggs... which should be around Sept. I'm thinking.
    What kind do you all have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are 10 weeks old today. We have barred rocks, buff orpingtons, black sex links, and either jersey white giants or white rocks. lol. They are very tame and come running whenever I go out into the yard. It's so fun to have them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?