Being what God created me to be...

Being a helpmeet to my husband is something God created me to be. Genesis 2:18. It wasn't good for man to be alone. He needed a woman. He needed a woman to be complete and to help him. As a helpmeet to my husband, I help him with wood splitting, stacking, any repairs that need tools handed to him, doing household chores that he is not able to do as he is working all day, etc. I'm a listening ear for him when he needs someone to listen. Doing all these things, I glorify God because I am doing what He created me to do. As a Christian, I want to glorify the Lord. That pleases Him. And because I love Him, I want to please Him.

I'm created to love my children. Titus 2:4. God created women to give birth, not men. :) We have a special duty. As the husband works by the sweat of his brow, woman nurture the children. I realize this is not always the case. Some woman work and the children go to daycare. Some instances that is a necessity. But, if you are able, woman should be with their children. They need to instill Godly principles into them, show them by example how to love and forgive others, guide them, and feed them healthy meals. Children learn by example. They are like little sponges soaking up all information they see and hear. What information are they getting?

These are difficult tasks to say the least. I often fail at both. I forget little ears are always listening and I forget to be patient with my husband after he comes home grouchy from a hard, hot day. I need the Lord's strength and the reminding of the Holy Spirit to be able to do what He created me to do. I cannot do it without Him. No, not at all. We were not created to go through this life alone. Jesus said He will be with us always and for good reason. We need Him! Matthew 28:20

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?