Pain center appt

Yesterday was a very bad day for me. If I had any strength I would have been climbing the walls. The pain I had was so horrible that I couldn't even walk a few steps. My bone marrow edema is hurting badly, but the rest of me was in just the same amount of pain. I also had a migraine (still do) on top of that. I cried on the couch squirming around in pain. The vicodin the doctor prescribed had given me migraines and so I had not taken any pain medicine all day. So I called for something different.

My doctor called back and ordered me Tramadol. My husband went to the pharmacy to get it for me and I took one when he got home. An hour later, I had some relief. It had taken the edge off the pain and I was able to deal with it better. I don't like how it makes me feel though. I feel woozy and out of it.

Then the Pain Center called out of nowhere. I had already had an appt for the 24 of this month to go talk to them about my pain. They called and said they had an opening for tomorrow afternoon and would I like it. YES! :) So I go in this afternoon to talk to them about options. I hope we can come up with a plan for this chronic pain. It's for the birds...

*UPDATE* The doctor said he would never be able to cure my pain or fix it completely, but will be able to help make it to where it's bearable. I appreciated his honesty.  I start a new medicine tonight and I am hoping that helps enough to where I don't have to take strong pain medicine anymore. That stuff makes me loopy lol. Next appt will be for my bone marrow edema to see why it happens and why it comes back. I have to wait a couple more weeks for that. In the meantime, I am trying to stay off it and tootle around in my wheelchair at home. :)
Pin It

Comments

  1. gosh that sounds sooo difficult Stephanie. I hate to think of you being so uncomfortable, I want you to be ok. I hope the appointment is encouraging for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your blog for over a year without commenting but just felt I need to tonight. My heart goes out to your for everything that you are going through. I suffer from some issues but nothing near what you go through on a daily basis. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, you are so sweet! Thank you for your comment and prayers. :) I will pray for you as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?