Off to the orthopedic surgeon...


 I absolutely LOVE this verse. It really hits home for me. I can be so weak with my Myasthenia Gravis that I don't have any strength to fight. It is so comforting knowing He fights for me!  I just need only to be still...something I have had no choice in lately, but it has given me the opportunity to let Him fight for me. :) 

I am off to the orthopedic surgeon today to speak to him about my bone marrow edema. He may need to do surgery to see why I keep getting it. I have had it 4 times in the last 5 yrs and 2 times in the last 6 mos. The swelling has gone down tremendously and I am experience almost no pain with it right now! Whew!  I still cannot bend my knee fully though. I hope he can find some answers. My family doc wanted him to do some biopsies of the bone marrow. If the edema is gone then I'm not sure if he will do it. I just have to wait and see what he wants to do. Who knows, I may end up seeing yet another doc in this journey. lol...

I hope you all can find encouragement if the above verse. If there is anything you are struggling with, fighting, etc...find comfort in knowing He fights for you!  I will update this post when I find out what the doc wants to do. :)


*UPDATE*  The doctor said he did not want to do surgery on me unless it was a last resort as I am a unique patient. My husband and I had to chuckle at that one. :) He said he was afraid it would damage my knee more and it would most likely be permanent. He thought the best thing would be to do a full body bone scan.  They will inject me with radioisotopes and then scan my bones. The radioisotopes would go to any area that had a problem (knee, should, leg bone, etc). He would be looking for cancer and/or arthritis. He also wants me to see a rheumatologist.  He thinks I may have rheumatoid arthritis. He said my bone marrow edema is not from anything mechanical going wrong, but rather something physiological. Most likely immune based. So that's all I know for now. :) Appreciate the prayers in finding answers on the full body bone scan.  That test will be done next Tues afternoon. Results will follow later that week or the next.
Whatever it is, I know God will be by my side. He is there now and will be there forever.

Pin It

Comments

  1. I am so sorry you are going through so many health problems. I struggled with them for 20 years and they are no fun. The verse that has spoken to me this week is "In quietness and trust is your strength.". Learning to be quiet and trust in Him. I love it. Such hope and a wonderful promise! May God bless you and give you daily strength and heal you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be keeping you in my prayers. Keep us updated here on your blog, as you feel comfortable. Oh, I LOVE that God fights for us :) :) Makes me feel really good and secure, too :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?