Appointment today with doctor...

I had an appointment today with a rheumatologist. He was a nice guy and very thorough. I was referred to him for help in finding the cause of my bone marrow edema.

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis today....

I was bummed. 

I am having issues with my right hand. My pinky is heading off in another direction lol and the other fingers are more knobby. My wrist hurts there, too. I have been having trouble with doing the dishes for quite some time often dropping and breaking things. (We are moving to more plastic lol)  My knee is getting better, but does not bend properly and my never. But, the painful flare is dissipating. 

He started me on a medicine called sulfasalazine, which is a medicine for inflammation, but not a pain medicine. So not an NSAID. I hope it helps. I know there is no cure for this and like my MG, we need to slow down the progression/flares. 

I am still going to do the things I love like gardening and sewing until I just can't any longer. It may take me longer to complete tasks, but I am not going to stop doing them. I can't.  Now, granted with the Myasthenia, I will be resting often with no choice as it is still progressing.  I am hoping to start a very beginner yoga class in April as long as my body will let me. I missed the start of the last class because of the bone marrow edema. 

Honestly, I just want to enjoy life. I just have to do that now with Myasthenia Gravis, Rheumatoid Arthrits, and Fibromyalgia.  It can and will be done. :)

God is faithful....


Pin It

Comments

  1. God IS faithful, that's a fact :) :) I'm sorry you're having all the physical difficulties. It's a real drag. I have issues of my own, so in a way, I understand. I used to take sulfasalazine really early on, not long after I was diagnosed with ulcerative proctitis. I did NOT like that medication at all. It made me sick. So I stopped taking it and I felt better.However, I'm on a different route alltogether now with eating real food, and that's been making a more positive difference for me, at least!!! Keep us updated on how things go. I'm praying :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. So far, it is only hurting my stomach. Not nausea per say, but pain. I have to give this a good try because I cannot take immunosuppressives like Methotrexate, etc. I am on a grain free/paleo diet and that helps the Celiac. I'm glad the natural diet is helping your issue. I hope it continues. :) Thanks for the prayers. Praying for you, also. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?