It's that time of year...

My husband was laid off yesterday for the winter....earlier than normal.  Work has been a bit scarce these last few weeks.  It will be nice to have him home. The weather here today is rainy and cooler.  I kinda like it today.  It helps me rest. :)  On days like this I like to stay home and bake.  I'm going to be baking these today.  They sounded good to me. :)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/coffee-fridge-cookies/

Thinking about trials the last couple days...Today in my devotional was this...
"God knows that you can stand that trial; He would not give it to you if you could not.  It is His trust in you that explains the trials of life, however bitter they may be.  God knows our strength, and He measures it to the last inch; and a trial was never given to any man that was greater than that man's strength, through God, to bear it." Streams in the Desert.

It helps to know that God knows I can stand the trials He presents in my life, or He wouldn't give them to me.  This is something I remind myself everyday...

I've been thinking ahead to Christmas and wondering what I am going to give as gifts.  I haven't started making my soap yet as I have some supplies I still need to get.  I'm hoping to get them so I can make some soap as gifts.  I'll be making candy again this year and that is always fun to do, although it usually takes a lot out of me.  I am looking forward to making our home cozy this winter and listening to Christmas music.  I really like Johnny Cash's Christmas music, Nat King Cole, Perry Como, Burl Ives, etc.  I sure wish I could share it with everyone I love...

I pray everyone enjoys their weekend.  I'm going to rest some more as I have been healing well and I want to continue to.  If I don't rest on purpose, I will overdo it and take steps back in my recovery, which I sure don't want to do. :)  Give your family a hug and kiss and let them know just how much you love them by showing them...

Comments

  1. Wow. I think I really needed your devotional today too. Thanks--and get some rest so you don't overdo it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed it too. I was just telling my husband yesterday how much I miss some people that aren't in my life right now. It hurts to not see them anymore. I'm human and I hurt, but I also have a God who knows that and can comfort me. If I didn't hurt, He would have no reason to comfort me. :) Yes, the fleshly side of me wishes He had no reason to need to comfort me. But, I am glad He is there. I'd be lost without Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that a well received gift is a framed picture... not too expensive with freshly painted thrift store frames (or even the Dollar store or WalMart sometimes) and photos printed from your computer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?