Prescription for Contentment...


This comes from the book, "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Willow

-Never allow yourself to complain about anything-not even the weather.
-Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
-Never compare your lot with another's.
-Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
-Never dwell on tomorrow-remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.
I have been working a lot on contentment.  I have done previous posts on not realizing just how discontent I was.  It's a sneaky thing that worms it's way into my life....many times.  It is something that I have to constantly give over to Christ.  I am hoping that it will become easier as time goes on.  The list above is a good start to help me keep it in check.  I have failed at each one of these points...sadly. I know I am one to complain about the weather...especially when it's cold and yucky.  I picture myself other places a lot...like in the mountains. I compare my lot with others, I sometimes wish things turned out different with some things in my life like with my "dad", and I recently did a post on dwelling on the past and thinking/worrying about tomorrow.

In my search for "helps" in this area, I came across this book.  I intend to borrow it from the library.  The one thing I don't want to do is just read it and get knowledge.  I'm really good at that.  Where I tend to lack is the application.  I have the desire to apply, it's just getting practical about it.  That's why I like these 5 points.  I can work with those and I will grow miles in the area of contentment with God's grace. :) I so very much want to be content...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?