Leave tomorrow alone...

I went into the church today to volunteer. It's nice getting back out after my surgery. This week was my second time back and it was better than last week.  Last week I was really weak. 

The house is warm today from the morning fire in the woodstove.  I am so thankful for our free heat. :)  It just makes me feel so much better when I'm not freezin'.

Hunter has been going to the library on Mon evenings to take part in a film.  He is doing sound effects and tonight they are doing the movie.  I hope to get some pics. :) 

Our pastor talked about living for the day yesterday.  I thought it interesting because that is something I've been talking about and struggling with.  He said, "Leave tomorrow alone"  That's hard to do.  But, I know in order for me to live for today and live in the moment, I need to.  It is very hard to be strong sometimes.  To stand up strong and face the enemy with shoulders back and head held high, when all the while I just want to crumble, is very difficult.  But, when I do it, it is only because I allowed God to give me the strength for the day instead of relying on myself.  It can be difficult to not dwell on the past or think about the future.  I feel like that is what my mind automatically does.  It rarely stays in the present.  I must work harder on that...


Not yesterday's load we are called on to bear, Nor the morrow's uncertain and shadowy care; Why should we look forward or back with dismay? Our needs, as our mercies, are but for the day. ~Annie Johnson Flint

Comments

  1. "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." :)

    My husband is always worrying about tomorrows. I'm just glad to get through today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always be sad about my past. Thanks for this post it reminds me to trust Gods grace and strength for today. Also, I realize that I am not reading my bible enough lately so maybe I could use a good devotional. I know you have some good ones, which one is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite devotional is "Streams in the Desert" by Cowman. She has two volumes of this and she also has other ones. I recommend her highly. :)
    It can be difficult to live for the day. I know I still struggle with this. Especially when you lose something and the only way to be "near" it is to think about the past. It's not in your present so if you are only thinking of the day to day then those good memories will be left in the past. So, that is my struggle. I think if we just think on it and then move on to the day it would be ok. But, I tend to dwell on what was and find it hard to snap out of it because I wish so much for the thing I am dwelling on to be in the present and to be palpable. God's grace is amazing in such things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?