Good Morning!

We had great sleeping weather here last night! It was nice and cool outside after having a whole week of near 100's. Cool breezes swept across the bed. It was just sooo nice. :) I slept like a rock!

The day seems to be a busy one. I have things to do at church this morning, the feed store, grocery store, and then to get bedding for the coop. It's beautiful outside and should be good for errands. I have no air conditioning in my car so it's usually a bit rough. Not today. :)

I spoke to my Mennonite friend, Esther, Saturday on the phone. She had left a message in my front door on Wednesday, but I didn't find it until Saturday. She comes to town every Wednesday to tutor at the women's prison in town. She goes by my turn off every time and says a little prayer for me when she does. I am going to see her next week sometime. It should be interesting. I haven't really talked to her since I stopped wearing a headcovering and dress/skirt. I'm interested in what she has to say. She is older and wise and has a lot of good advice for life. For those of you that never knew me when I covered here is a picture.


And after. :)


I pray everyone has a blessed day and to remember John 8:32 :)

Comments

  1. Are you different, do you think? from when you covered and now?

    I wish we had some cool sleeping weather. ANY cooler weather, actually. With temps being in the 100s, it greatly lessens my desire to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I would have to say "yes" I am different from when I covered. I am not in fear or bondage of the covering anymore. It became like a rabbit's foot in a way. Another thing that is different is that it's harder to wear pants. I cannot lean on the crutch of skirts and covering for the world to know I am a Christian. It has to come from within and out of my mouth. I used to never have to speak to anyone about Christ. They would look at me and think "Oh she's a Christian" but that's it. I wouldn't "tell" many people about Christ. God wanted that to change. So I had to change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do people cover? We have Amish that live all around us and I have wondered about this........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, people cover because of the headship order (God, husband, wife) in 1 Corinthians 11 and it says for a woman to pray covered. They do not believe long hair is the covering. Also, because of modesty. They only allow their husbands and immediate family to see their hair. It is considered a stumbling block to other men. Also, they cover to cover their "glory". Angles cover their glory in the presence of God and when they pray they are in the presence of God. (We are in His presence all the time really) Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avital,
    it's a long story, but in short, I was convicted to stop. In my answer to Amy above, it explains it a little more. God wanted something different for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?