Tasty Tuesday...No bake chocolate chip granola bars from Laura's Latest!

This great post comes from a pin I found on Pinterest. (don't ya just LOVE Pinterest!) :) I love making my own granola bars and these are even better because you don't have to use the oven! These are reposted from Laura's Latest. I hope you enjoy them!

 No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars {easy & healthy!}

granola bars final 1

Hello Friday. Boy have I missed you.
Guys, I have found THE BEST and easiest way to make granola bars on this sweet planet earth. I found a link on Pinterest to a recipe that had been adapted from Rachael Ray. So, I followed the trail along and found the original recipe….which I then adapted myself {you must have seen that coming…} to be healthier and to use what I had in my cupboards. Pretty darn simple granola bars AND amazingly delicious. I was seriously shocked at how well these turned out for 3 minutes of work. Literally 3 minutes.
If you have kids make these! Heck, even if you don’t, make ‘em anyways. They are great snacks or fast breakfasts.
Here’s what you do: In a small saucepan, heat up some butter, honey and brown sugar over medium high heat. Stir it together and let it bubble for 2 minutes. You want all the brown sugar granules to dissolve.

granola bars 1

While that is doin’ it’s thang, pour 2 cups of oats into a bowl with 1 cup of rice krispies. The original recipe calls for 2 cups of granola, but I didn’t have any. Granola can be pretty high cal stuff, so I was happy to use the straight up oats.
granola bars 2
Remove the hot mixture, stir in some vanilla and pour over the dry ingredients.

granola bars 3

Stir to coat them all evenly.
granola bars 4

Press firmly into a lightly greased small jelly roll pan {I used this one}. I wanted my bars to be a little thicker, so I pushed them into one side. Sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips and cool on the counter for an hour or so.

granola bars 5

Once the bars are cool, slice into bars and that’s it!
granola bars 6

Hello my pretties!
granola bars final 3
See? Now wasn’t that so easy? Feel free to add in any spices or other add-ins that you like. Raisins, nuts, maple syrup, flax seeds, cinnamon, butterscotch chips, coconut, agave, craisins, citrus zest, the list goes on. And, it’s all super healthy! Love it!
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

yield: 10 bars
Print This Recipe Print This Recipe
adapted from Rachael Ray
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups quick cooking oats {not rolled oats!}
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Directions:
In a large bowl, stir oats and rice cereal together. Set aside. In a small pot, melt butter, honey and brown sugar together over medium high heat until it comes to a bubble. Reduce the heat and cook 2 minutes. Pour in vanilla and stir. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well to moisten all ingredients. Pour into lightly greased small jelly roll pan {about 12x8x1} and press out to be about 3/4 inch in thickness. {If your pan isn’t small enough, pack the mixture into one side. You really want to press them down so they stick together.} Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and press down lightly. Cool on a countertop to room temperature for two hours or until the chocolate chips are set before cutting into bars. Wrap in parchment or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Recipe Notes: If your granola bars don’t seem to be staying together when you cut them, you may have made them too thin or you didn’t pack them in tight enough. Stick them in the fridge for 20 minutes and that should help keep them together. {Be sure not to keep them in there too long or else they’ll become super hard!} The next time you make them, try reducing the butter to 3 tablespoons and really packing them down.


Pin It

Comments

  1. No way!! This is definitely easy!!! I'm SO DOING THIS! Thanks for this recipe.... weeehh.. My husband will surely like this.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...... and will be sharing this with my sister too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?