How does tv affect your family?




Does tv get in the way of you living your life? Does watching tv consume your time? Years ago, tv time was a treat in the evening when chores were done and families watched together for short periods. How does tv affect your families? Is it on all day or is it a treat?


In the winter, tv is on more because my husband is laid off for the winter and he likes to watch it. But, I have noticed that it consumes a lot of our day and we don't do or get done the things we would like to. In the summer, the tv only comes on at night. 

We are getting rid of our directv within the next month. I will be SO glad! It will cause us to consume less tv time and more time doing things and spending better time together as a family. :) 

Here's to unplugging!  Will you join me?

Pin It

Comments

  1. We don't pay for our television service although we get free cable through our apartments. We hardly watch it though. If we want to watch a certain show we either Hulu it, Netflix it or download it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have any TV channels either. When we really want to watch TV we just watch a movie. It becomes natural after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have Netflix instant streamind AND DVD.. I recently cancelled the streaming portion...and now just get DVDs. However, once I finish watching the " Road to Avonlea" series, I'ill cancel it completely. We have cable tv...just basic. I've thought about cancelling it, but there's one family friendly show on the CW channel that I really enjoy. However, I just may do it sometime!!! Have a good weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I left my comment already...only one of our TVs is hooked up to "rabbit ears," which we use to watch the news or one program in the evenings. I used to leave it on for "background noise" while I did housework, but I recently switched to playing classical music instead (much better!). Other than that, we use TVs as a vehicle to watch DVDs that match our interests and views. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?