Spiritual Pride...



Chanin shared with me a quote from Jonathon Edwards regarding spiritual pride:

"Proud people tend to speak of other's sins, the miserable delusion of hypocrites, the deadness of some saints with bitterness, or the opposition to holiness of many believers. Pure Christian humility, however, is silent about the sins of others, or speaks of them with grief and pity. The spiritually proud person finds fault with other saints for their lack of progress in grace, while the humble Christian sees so much evil in his own heart, and is so concerned about it, that he is not apt to be very busy with other hearts. He complains most of himself and his own spiritual coldness and readily hopes that most everybody has more love and thankfulness to God than he."

"One under the influence of spiritual pride is more apt to instruct others than to ask questions. Such a person naturally puts on the airs of a master. The eminently humble Christian thinks he needs help from everybody, whereas the spiritually proud person thinks everybody needs his help. Christian humility, under a sense of others’ misery, entreats and beseeches, but spiritual pride commands and warns with authority."

-Jonathan Edwards- Spiritual Pride

She also gave me a wonderful list from Nancy Leigh Demoss that I know you will enjoy and learn from:

List of 41 Evidences of Pride



~From A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

After reading the above and the list of evidences of pride, I find I am a prideful person and hadn't really realized it. I have much to work on! Praising God for Him to show me what I need to get rid of in my life that is prideful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...