Tests...

I went in today for my heart test. It was awful. Tears were involved. :'( It would not have been as bad, but my RA is so bad right now I can hardly walk. I had to have a stress echo so I had to walk the treadmill. During the test I had an "episode" where my heart rate went from 100 to 120's. When I came in my heart rate was running in the 130's.  But, the bad part was that I had to get right back on the bed within seconds so the echo tech could get more pictures. I wasn't as quick as I should have been and was grabbed and put on the bed fast. In the process, my ankle was yanked and my legs were pulled and it hurt so bad I came to tears to the nurse's regret. She felt bad. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. I also had to come home with a Holter monitor and already had some episodes on it. I won't get results until Nov 1st when I go back to the doc. I've also got rib pain (costochondritis) from the RA which makes it hard to not be in pain when I take a breath. I just want this to end so I can feel better. I'm not sure what route the cardiologist will take as he wanted to put me on heart meds, but he can't because of my myasthenia gravis. So hopefully it's something that just comes and goes and when it comes I just need to rest up until the inflammation goes down.

Prayers appreciated. Discouraged, but not destroyed...



Comments

  1. Oh man. Sorry for all you are going through. I had costochondritis three years ago, along with some heart/BP troubles....I shudder to think that you're going through worse! :( Rest and feel better soon. We will keep you in our prayers over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I can't imagine the pain you are going through. So sorry for how your appt went. :-(( Praying..."songs of praise rise from affliction".
    Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him.

    ~ 1 Chronicles 16:11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie! You are on my heart and in my prayer today. I stepped away from the routine of blog posting but it is still important for me to be in touch with how some of you blog-land ladies are doing. I so want to know your husband is on his way home but even if he is weathered in by the storm - please don't worry yourself over that, ok? May the Lord Jesus extend His peace and His mighty hand to your home and to your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?