Laundry soap recipie with pics...


I made laundry soap today and I know I posted this recipe before, but it's been a while and this time I took some pictures. Here's the recipe...

1/2 bar felsnaptha
1/2 c borax
1/2 c WASHING soda (not baking soda)
water
2 gal bucket

First grate the soap with your food processor or by hand. (I used to do this by hand and then I got smart and use my food processor.) Put this in a pot with 6 c of water and warm up enough to melt the soap. Add the borax and washing soda and stir until dissolved. Warm up a mason jar of water (4 cups) in the microwave.




Pour this soap mixture in a 2 gal bucket and add the 4 c hot water. Stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 c water into the bucket. Stir. You can add your favorite scent now. It will begin to gel up not too long after. Use 1/2 c per load. It works well enough to get my husbands roofer clothes clean. :)

Comments

  1. Wow this is something I will try! Do you scent it or leave it regular? I was just wondering how much you add and what you use. Thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do scent it. I use Lorann Fragrances. I use a 1 fl oz bottle. :) Ocean breeze is really good and so is Mango and green apple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm organic/natural, so I'm substituting a natural hard soap for the Fels Naptha, which has chemicals in it...rats! otherwise, I have the other ingedients...thanks for this recipe on fb! I have to get this done :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do a very similar recipe, just dry instead of wet. For us its a better fit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...