Enjoying the quiet...


Above is a picture of our wood stove tonight. On cool nights like this I love to feel it's warmth. It's nice to sit in the quiet and think of all the wonderful things God has done in our life. To sit and pray for loved ones...to sit and pray for myself. To look back on the day and see if I was a gracious wife. It seems I have such a long way to go...I'm cheerful when my husband walks through the door. I have a smile on my face and dinner on the table. But somewhere on some days, I lose focus and hear something wrong or take offense to something said. Why do I do that? That is one of my main struggles. I must think he has ill intentions when he speaks and really he doesn't. For some reason I always think he is belittling me, he isn't. Satan sure can influence us to think things we ought not. I am thankful to the Lord that He has made me aware of such things and with that I can be better prepared in my heart.

I pray everyone has a nice quiet evening to enjoy with their family. Slow down, relax, and remember the sweet moments of your life.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the wonderful teachings you have posted lately Stephanie! I so enjoy checking in with your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...