He got one!

We both went out this weekend...

On Friday I had a nice doe come by me, but she wouldn't turn the way I needed her to. It was really exciting though.

On Saturday I was sitting in the stand and saw a buck come up in front of me a little far off. I texted my husband and told him he was headed his way.

He got him...



I am happy for him and he's happy that he was blessed to be able to provide a deer for us. I will be making sausage and jerky next week and grinding the rest. We keep the tenderloins and backstrap of course. :)

Here's a pic of me in my stand.



I really enjoyed listening to God's creation while in that stand. I heard a couple owls hooting. Friday night the wind was dead calm. It was so peaceful. It gave a lot of time for reflection. One thing I was thinking on is realizing just how much a hug means to me. Having someone you love give you a warm hug does wonders for the heart. It can deliver the message "I love you." Also, in that, not getting a hug doesn't mean "I don't love you." It can feel that way sometimes in my ole flesh. If my husband hasn't hugged me for a while, I start to wonder "what did I do?" In reality, I didn't do anything...he just hasn't hugged me for whatever reason. But, since that's one way I receive love, I can think that if I don't get a hug, then I must have done something wrong. Because in my past, when I did something wrong...no hug...I realize not everyone is like that though. :) Enough of my rambling...LOL

Here's a pic of the view from the front of the stand.


The owls were in the trees directly across in the picture. After dark, 3 deer come up this lane, but it was too dark to shoot.

There's always next year. I enjoy doing this with my husband. He is such a gentlemen when we hunt together. Very protective and sweet...

Comments

  1. Oh my, I am so happy for you! I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to have fresh venison to cook with! Sharpen those knives you have some work ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like God provided you with more than a deer this weekend :) It appears God gave you some great wisdom for living and loving life.
    Good job Ryan! Keep the hugs & love flowing. Oh and good job with the hunt too;)
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...