Ponderings...

It's been a long week...I'm wiped out and in desperate need of relaxing tonight. I'm glad I can with the captain and Hunter. :) This morning, bright and early, I was out cleaning the chicken coop. They are so funny when they get to run around in their new bedding. :) Then I took Hunter to horseback riding lessons and while he was out riding, I got to groom a horse named Chief. He was a gentle guy about 15 yrs old. :) I liked it, but was fearful of being stepped on. I don't think I would have been if I had on boots...

That grooming allows for some pondering and as I brushed him I thought about life and love and God and what He wants of His children. I know He stirs my soul to living a life of simplicity and love. He command forgiveness, not for the other person, but for ourselves and for Him. Forgiveness really doesn't have much to do with the other person, except they are the ones involved. But, it's more about the relationship between you and Christ. Doing what He wants us to do and following what He commands because we love Him. It can be hard, sure. It was hard for me to forgive the people that abused me, but I did it because I love Him. He gave me the strength to do so. He will continue to give me the strength to carry out His word in action. I couldn't do it without Him. I'm who I am because of Him. He is molding me and shaping me to be more like Christ. It is more uncomfortable if we struggle instead of being still...

I made a peach crisp to go with our supper tonight. I'm looking forward to that sweet indulgence. :) Tomorrow we are heading to Amish country to get some supplies...50lbs of evaporated cane juice, meat, laundry supplies, etc. I hope to find some sour cherries to freeze for crisps...they are sooo good. :)

I will lay my head down tonight and ponder on all the different happenings that have happened in my life. God has a plan...

Comments

  1. Hi Stephanie

    My name is Terry, We both like a lot of the same things, I homeschool my daughter, and we
    have a small farm, I pray will can be friends.
    Remember God will always guild us in the right path,
    But we have to wait on him to show us the way
    Have a Bless Day
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?