Letting go and letting God...

I first heard that statement when my family wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not back in 2001...I was in the hospital for 2 weeks from a bad reaction from a treatment. I was so weak and in so much pain I was begging to die. I thought that was the only way to be delivered from it since it wasn't happening on earth. Ryan's grandma told me to "let go and let God." I prayed once again to be delivered one way or the other from my weakness and pain, and the next day, I was. I woke up with no pain and continued to get stronger after that.

I am finding myself not letting go and letting God in my everyday life. I tend to worry, which is not trusting Him. I get fearful for the future and that affects my present. I want to be able to let go like I did back then. But, it's hard. You want to be in control because you don't want to lose something or miss something. I know it doesn't please Him to try to hold on to things when He wants us to let go and let Him. I want to please Him. So, I am going to try and work on letting God do His thing and me letting go. It isn't always easy to let go of control. :)

Instead I am going to pray about things and then let God work it out that way He intends. One day at a time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?