Grain free/egg free DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies!




I can't begin to tell you how good these are! With all my issues with my disease, I am trying different things to help slow the progression. Becoming grain free is one of them. I was already gluten free due to Celiac, but now I will be cutting out all grains...rice, beans, corn, etc.  These lovelies were made with ALMOND FLOUR that I ground myself.  I used the almonds with the skins on for more nutrition and fiber. These stayed wonderfully soft unlike my other chocolate chip cookies made with rice flour. (they stayed soft for a day). My family scarfed these down!

Here's the recipe

5oz almond flour (1 1/4 c) (you can grind your own in a coffee grinder or get it at the store)
scant 1/2 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 c honey or maple syrup
1/8 c oil (grapeseed, coconut, macadamia)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 c chocolate chips of your choice (I used scant 1/2 c semi-swt Ghiradeli)


  • Heat oven to 325.
  • Mix almond flour, salt, and baking soda well. In a small bowl, mix honey, oil, and vanilla. Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing well. Add chocolate chips. Batter should be thick enough that you can roll a small ball between your palms and set it on the cookie sheet without it drooping or losing shape.
  • Make small balls of cookie dough and space them evenly on a cookie sheet. (you can press them, but I didn't)
  • Bake about 6 minutes. Watch closely and remove when the edges start to brown. . . they could be done at 4 minutes or at 8 minutes depending on the size of the cookie and your oven calibration.
YUM!

Pin It

Comments

  1. These look amazing! I am going to have my daughter make hem for me.

    My mom was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when I 5 and doctors told her it was incurable. That was 47 years ao and doctors still say that. Well my mom has been completely cured for 40 years. She went on all organic fruit and vegetable juices. Stopped eating dairy, meat, and all junk food. NEVER give up. I believe the body can heal itself of almost everything!

    Blessings,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beans are not grains, they are legumes. Do you need to cut those too? Lectins?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?