Gearing up...


It's that time of year again. :) We are gearing up to start back homeschooling on Sept 6th. I'm pretty excited about this year. It's our 9th yr homeschooling and Hunter will be in the 8th grade. My how time flies!

My husband will be more involved this year, which excites me. Because of my declining health at this time, he has stepped up to help me with lesson plans and other ideas to implement. He will be doing wood working with him and helping me with experiments.

I love how flexible we can be with homeschooling. He can visit the widow up the road in the middle of the day and help her with things around her house, we can take vacation whenever everyone else is in school, and are free to go on mission trips without disrupting school. :)

I am thankful for a husband who cares deeply about us and is willing to take time and help us keep going with schooling during this difficult time of my health. On that note, I have been resting quite a bit this week so far (hard for me to do) and I'm feeling a bit better today. :)

Hope you all have a great week. :)

Comments

  1. I've been following your blog r a while, though I don't ususally comment... but I just checked my google reader for the first time in days & saw your post about your health problems. :( I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for your healing.

    I think it's wonderful that your are homeschooling, and that your husband is involved! I wish you, your husband, and your son a great year of learning. God bless.

    - Cassandra from TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Cassandra. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're gearing up here too. My husband has taken over our 13 year old son's education. He takes him to work (construction) for 1/2 a day and then he does the other half day in book work. Works out great and my son is learning many things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?