Tasty Tuesday..Spring Veggie Paleo Pasta

This delightful recipe comes from Multiply Delicious


 

I’ve been a bad blogger…I’ve been away and I haven’t been keeping the recipes or anything else for that matter flowing here on the blog.  Sorry but this girl has needed a little break.  I shared with you last week that I have tied on one more thing onto my already busy schedule.  Of course going back to school, being a mom, being a wife, working full-time, cooking, blogging, and crossfitting….they all add up.  With all that being said the hubby and I escaped on Thursday for a long weekend away without the kiddos and away from “life”.  Boy!  You really don’t know you need a break from it all until you are away from it all.  I got to sleep….something that has been seriously been neglected as of late!  I got to read my collection of magazines that have been gathering dust.  I didn’t have to cook….which by the way can be great but very hard when you are following a Paleo lifestyle.  I had many waiters and waitresses aggregated with me asking 101 questions about the menu.  Oh well!  Anywho, the hubby and I sat back and relaxed and enjoyed every minute of it.  By the way, I would highly recommend Gasparilla Innin Boca Grande.  Truly a fabulous getaway!  I didn’t get in the kitchen at all this weekend but luckily I have a recipe I cooked up last weekend to share with you all.  It’s a light take on a spring pasta dish but of course the paleo version of a pasta dish.  No pasta here…don’t worry I didn’t go crazy on my vacation.  The pasta is using one of my very favorite spring time veggies, asparagus!  Love it!  So here you have it.  A paleo spring veggie pasta that is great served topped with salmon, shrimp, or scallops….or anything of your choice.  Have fun but most of all enjoy!!

 

Spring Veggie Paleo Pasta
2 organic zucchini
1 organic yellow squash
1 bunch asparagus, chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 or 2 green onion, diced
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons Kerry Gold Garlic Herb Butter (or olive oil)
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Instructions
Begin my cutting off the ends of the zucchinis and washing them. Using a vegetable peeler, peel one section at a time for 4 ribbons, then rotate and continue. Continue to rotate and peel until you hit the core of seeds, then stop. Save the core to dice up in another recipe. Do this for both zucchinis and the yellow squash, you should be lefts with a large bowl of ribbon pastas, depending on the size of your squashes.

 

In a pan over medium- low heat add 1 tablespoon butter and allow to melt. Dump in your ribbons (you may need to do this in batches depending on how many ribbons you have and the size of your pan. Just don’t over crowd it). Stir constantly with a spoon and allow the ribbons to cook through and wilt a little. Since they are so thin it should only take 1-2 minutes, you don’t want them overcooked.
In a separate skillet, heat over medium heat, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter (or olive oil) and add tomatoes and asparagus until cooked and tender.  Add diced green onion and basil in the last 30 seconds of cooking veggies and season with salt and pepper to taste.

 

Place squash ribbon “pasta” in a bowl and top with veggie mixture sprinkle additional basil and green onion and serve.
Makes about 2 to 4 servings


Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?